Thursday, August 2, 2012

Peace and quiet... finally

   I can't believe Ollie is turning 2 already. His official birthday is Monday the 6th but we are doing his party on Sunday. I really wanted to do it at the zoo but with my life being in such an uproar right now I have to save money so I'm having it at chuck e cheese. He will have fun either way and I'm sure hopefully this time next year things will be much better in our lives and we will be out of this rough patch. This picture was taken at Oliver's birthday party last year, cant belive how much he's grown! He certainly has a lot more hair now. I wish we could do a pool party this year but with the way the weather has been I'm not going to take a chance. I was right though becasue there is a tropical storm headed our way so it looks like rain is in the forecast for this weekend. I remember bringing Ollie home from the hospital, it was a monsoon that day! The weather outside was so miserable and I couldnt get the carseat latched down right so he was all cocked up weird and george was bitching at me the whole way home becasue he was angry at the car seat... but I had complete tunnel vision, all I could see was my sweet little angel. Everything else was drowned out in the backround. I knew from that day on that it was just me and Ollie against the world.

About a month ago at Gandy Beach



   I am so glad I let George walk out earlier and didn't go chasing after him. I held strong, even though I had the urge to breakdown and give him a ride to wherever it was he was going. He made it there so I'm sure he had one of his cronies come get him. So back to just me and my sweet Ollie. Life is so much more happy and peaceful and free when it's just the two of us. We don't have to be on constant pins and needles afraid we are going to do something to throw George into hulk mode. I accept the fact that Ollie is a toddler and he is going to do things to test my patience... lucky for him I have the patience of Jobe. We just seem to fit- he understands me and I understand him, completely. Like we were made for each other. I never knew the bond between mother and son was so strong and no one could have ever explained it to me until I got to witness it for myself. I believe everything happens for a reason and whatever this fucked up mess portion of my life meant at least I got Ollie. My little protector. God knew what he was doing with me thats for sure. I have faith that things will work out as they should.


  My mom is all a fluster looking online at $500 sofas and bitching about buying Ollie a $20 birthday present. Typical. I wish I had the luxury of buying a $500 sofa, but instead I'd rather stick that away in a college fund somewhere so that Ollie doesn't have to go through the same shitty poverty life phase that I'm going through now. Wish I had a college fund saved for me... oh well. I guess she is really excited about moving in with her very new boyfriend. We'll see how long this lasts before he realizes she is insane and gets tired of her just like everyone else in her life has. I wish her the best, I guess.




No comments:

Post a Comment